Many areas in Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and
southern New England have seen drought conditions ease because of recent heavy
rains. For instance, they removed severe drought from southeastern New
Hampshire and northeastern Massachusetts, while in portions of New York’s Long
Island, Massachusetts, and southeastern New Hampshire. However, conditions
deteriorated in parts of northern New England. For example, they introduced
severe drought in coastal Maine, and moderate drought also spread in that
state.
All in all, Drought conditions are far better than last summer
The U.S. Drought Monitor released this morning showed 2% of
New York and New England in severe drought, 12% in moderate drought, and 29% as
abnormally dry compared to 2%, 10%, and 22%, respectively, last week. The U.S.
Drought Monitor released this morning showed 2% of New York and New England in
severe drought, 12% in moderate drought, and 29% as abnormally dry compared to
2%, 10%, and 22%, respectively, last week.
The pattern looks to stay fairly active, so I expect to see continued improvement in the areas that need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment, I will answer as soon as I can.